Friday, August 22, 2008

The beginning

Not only is this the beginning of the blog, but it is the beginning of school. Bailey will be a 5th grade, Teagen will be a 1st grader and Kyton is in his second to last year of "training". As we speak, Bailey, Kyton and I are at school. Bailey is painting a boarder around my white board of different colors. For the first time I think ever, I am pretty laid back and ready to start. With the back surgery summer and the slowing down I have learned from that, I am anxious to see how I do with the stress and pushing of myself.

There are many personnel changes this year. I have a new upstairs neighbor (next to my classroom). I have the same bosses. I have four English classes and yearbook. I am still in charge of scholarships, but after last year's big class, this one will seem like a breeze. I will start my UIL journalists early on to give them a break before Thanksgiving and Christmas so that we get a fresh start when the new year comes.

Elementary UIL will be in May. Bailey will love that for now. She and Teagen will go to Pathfinders when that gets going. She would like to take art again. They are still enjoying the chicks at MeeMaw and Haw Jim's.

They all three have worked cattle today and Bailey has been a big help this week for Haw Jim. She and Teagen both have enjoyed riding and driving the four wheeler--on their own. Teagen needed one more time just with Haw Jim today because it would be the last for awhile.

I love the look of a clean desk. We will see how that goes.

My goals for the year personally are: 1. try to walk/exercise 4 days a week 2. don't take work home--spend time with family 3. Read with my kids 5 days a week

School: 1. Grade things as they come in and record the grades
2. Organize the yearbook--people taking pictures of all events without being reminded--stay on top of picture organization, etc. Groups done by May
3. 100% TAKS

Delegate, delegate, delegate for me AND keep my sink shiny per the FLYLADY!

2 comments:

wjmc said...

I do hope that this will be a good school year. You have had a good summer to relax and refocus on what is important to you. I pray for you as you start another school year that you will be blessed as you bless your students. Remember to take care of Chirsty so she may enjoy the days ahead with her family.
Mom

April said...

Christy, I loved viewing and reading your blog. Thanks for sharing your family and faith with me!
love you,
April