Sunday, March 21, 2010

Book Review

Outcasts United written by Warren St. John is a book that I saw in a flyer that comes from an educational book seller. I always like to see the new books that this particular flyer puts out. I really like to stay connected with the writings of the time. This is a sweet one I just finished over spring break. It is abouta lady named Luma from Jordan that came to the United States to begin a new life. She begins a team of refugee soccer team called the Fugees that has to battle American prejudices and helps try to keep the boys out of gangs and start them on a good path in America. It is a sweet story. I have a copy that of course I bought at half.com if you would like to read it. I would love to share.

Their story is at http://fugeefamily.org/if you would like to check it out. We are all here for a purpose.

1 comment:

M'Lynn said...

cool! I'll check it out! Hope yall had a great spring break!