Sunday, July 26, 2009

Help Me if you can

I am trying to come up with a good way to teach Bailey to do laundry. I have gathered information about it off the Internet. I have learned some things for my own laundry techniques. I want to know from my friends and family. What is something you would suggest? She will have smaller amount for sure and I haven't had that situation for a while. Is there something you can help me teach her? I also want to help her with doing green laundry, which is hard because you should use full loads. Do I give her anything, like small detergent and softener? I don't want to spend extra money, but want to treat it in a special way. Why? Because I don't want to be an slave driver--I want to be a guiding MOM. Thanks for your help already.

Hey, if you read this and don't want to or can't leave a comment, please email at christysj@live.com

6 comments:

Laura said...

I'll share with you how mom taught us to do laundry. First she taught us how to sort everything. Then, she made note cards with instructions for each type of load--water temp, how it needed to be dried, etc. She'd put the note cards on top of each pile and we were set. Eventually, we didn't need the cards.

Of course, now days almost everything is washed on cold (except towels, etc.) so it might not be too hard. Not so sure on the green part--just be sure you teach her to adjust the water level on the machine.
Good luck--I'll send Sadie over for instruction when you figure out the best way!

Notyal and Anaj said...

hey CSJ, this is the only videos i found that might be helpful in learning some basics about laundry.

http://www.ehow.com/video_2329461_inspecting-clothes-before-drying.html

hope it helps!

Janda Bressler said...

I have taught Jayden and Pace how to sort laundry so far when my kids turn 5 it is one of their chores... Jayden knows how to wash towels and the settings for that and how to run the dryer. But after that I am lost my technique I guess if I were teaching my boys would be lots of over the shoulder guidence..... you have some great ideas though... also as far as going green do do full loads and also on cold to save on energy... and my sister makes her own laundry detergent and says it works great and saves ya money.. I am waiting till my store bought detergent is out before I make some of my own which is coming up soon. Just some ideas hope it helps. Good luck Bailey!

Janda Bressler said...

Christy thank you for your sweet comments on my blog and I do not think you are weird or old by the way I happen to think you are pretty cool! Thanks for reading my blog.

M'Lynn said...

I'm not sure, but if you figure it out, let me know so I can teach my husband..........HA!

Laura said...

So, Mrs. J, what worked for Bailey?? I've been wondering--I have a future laundress in the house you know.

Also, Janda--homemade laundry detergent--you must share the recipe!